Thursday, May 19, 2011

3/12/11 7:06 am

Woke up at 6 am.  Didn't get much sleep.  All night heard the church group singing -- how do they sing all night?  At one point, I heard "Hallileuigh" and I thought it was time to wake up.  Instead it was 3 am.  When do they sleep?  Don't get me started on the roosters.  I know THEY don't sleep.

Showering was odd.  The water was freezing cold but at least we have running water.  For breakfast we had mangos and bananas.  I've never tasted a mango like that - or had to actually cut it.  Jessica had to show us how to properly cut a mango. 

Looking over the edge of our wall (we eat on the roof) it's amazing to see how privledged we still are - meaning that even in Haiti, we have more than most.  It's a hard thing to swallow.  All the tings we take for granted or think we are ENTITLED to.  These people know nothing else.  Do they know how different life is for us?  How easy we have it?  Just one day here (it hasn't even been 24 hours) has been a life changing experience.  I haven't even practiced medicine!  My brain can't even comprehend all the emotions -- it's too much to process.

Love to my family,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment