Thursday, May 19, 2011

USA

On March 18, 2011, we made it home safely in the US without problems.  The ex exhiled president was returning.  Our ride to the airport was very scary.  There were riots, traffic, fires, street closures, and pure chaos.  But... we made it.  First stop in the Miami restaurant - a restaurant to get a cheeseburger, a beer, and a phone call to my family.

I really hope you enjoyed reading a little about my experience.  It continues to be something I reflect on, miss, and a reminder to step back from my life, breathe, and apply the "Haitian faith".  I hope if anything, this journal may have inspired you to consider a mission trip -- even if it's not medical or religious based.  It opens your eyes to the world -- forces you to "look down from your roof", if you may. 

I want to thank those that donated or offered their support.  I love, love my family and friends.  I truly am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment